The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP announced today that Aspin Kemp & Associates is among the Top 10 Finalists for the national 2016 Private Business Growth Award. This distinguished award honours the integral role that Canada’s private businesses play in growing our country’s economy.
Celebrating 10 Canadian Private Business Growth Success Stories
Aspin Kemp & Associates is proud to be named one of the Top 10 private businesses, selected by an independent Jury of business leaders, for their successful, sustainable and holistic growth strategies (in alphabetical order):
- Agnora Inc., Collingwood, ON
- Aspin Kemp & Associates (AKA), Montague, PE
- BioScript Pharmacy, Moncton, NB
- Cows Inc., Charlottetown, PE
- Everest Clinical Research Corporation, Markham, ON
- Klick Inc., Toronto, ON
- Nicola Wealth Management, Vancouver, BC
- Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd, Surrey, BC
- Skyline Group of Companies, Guelph, ON
- StarTech.com, London, ON
Aspin Kemp & Associates has increased its size and revenue by over 400% in the past five years. The company employs over 100 employees, operates more than 100.000ft2 manufacturing space and has changed marine and land-based technologies in over 58 countries.
Having started out as a technical documentation and training company 20 years ago Aspin Kemp & Associates has grown significantly. Since expanding their operation dramatically in 2009, they have turned themselves into an engineering and manufacturing powerhouse. Aspin Kemp & Associates’s achievements include the world’s first hybrid marine propulsion system, world’s first hybrid offshore drill floor system, and world’s first power plant to be certified to operate DP3 Closed Bus. Aspin Kemp & Associates has shifted the paradigm for fuel efficiency in offshore drilling with proven fuel savings of over 50%.
Award Gala: All finalists will be awarded, along with the announcement of the official first place winner, at a gala at The Design Exchange on November 16, 2016 in Toronto. The evening will be hosted by Canadian business journalist, Deirdre McMurdy.
“The goal of this annual award is to showcase business success stories — when Canadian businesses strive to be innovative and embrace strategic thinking, they create jobs and build prosperity for communities across the country,” said Kevin Ladner, CPA, CA, CBV, CEO and Executive Partner, Grant Thornton LLP. “I commend these finalists for their outstanding growth and success.”
“This year’s finalists are on unique and engaging growth pathways,” says Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce. “We need to celebrate their accomplishments – collectively they are helping to drive our Canadian economy forward, paving the path for a prosperous future.”
In selecting the Top 10 Finalists, jury members used the following five criteria to assess strategic growth across various aspects of the nominees’ businesses:
- Innovation: Developing new products and services, bringing old products to market in a new way, as well as improving the efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes.
- Market development: How they go to market and expand into new domestic or international markets.
- People and culture: Investing in their people by helping employees learn and develop as a critical part of overall growth.
- Strategic leadership: How they interact with partners, stakeholders, their succession planning and community involvement.
- Improvements in financial measures: Ensuring revenue growth and improvements in profitability.
This year’s accomplished jury includes:
- The Honourable Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, The Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Phil Noble, Past CEO and Strategic Advisor to Firm Leadership, Grant Thornton LLP
- Christiane Bergevin, President, Bergevin Capital
- Peggy Cunningham, Professor and RA Jodrey Chair, Dalhousie University Business School
- Malcolm Hunter, President, Deeley Group of Companies
- Sean Stanleigh, Managing Editor, Globe Content Studio, the Globe and Mail
- Paul Straus, President, Home Hardware Stores Limited
Recognizing, validating & celebrating private business success stories – paving the path for future growth!
About the Private Business Growth Award
The Private Business Growth Award recognizes Canadian-owned, privately-held businesses that have been in business a minimum of three years, have $5 million or more in revenues and have demonstrated outstanding strategic growth. A partnership between The Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton LLP, 2016 marks the fourth year this national business award has recognized and celebrated the successful growth of private businesses in Canada. A jury of high-profile Canadian business leaders selects 10 finalists and one winning company based on the following criteria: innovation, market development, people and culture, strategic leadership, and improvements in financial measures.
About Aspin Kemp & Associates
Aspin Kemp & Associates (AKA) is a systems integrator focusing on energy efficiency in diesel, island and micro grid power stations. Aspin Kemp & Associates innovates, designs, manufactures, installs and supports power generation and energy assets for marine, offshore Oil and Gas, and land based industries.
With headquarters in Montague, Prince Edward Island, Canada, Aspin Kemp & Associates operates internationally with multiple offices in Canada, Singapore and China and with representation in Houston, Texas and Bulgaria.
For further information, to arrange an interview or photo, contact:
Aspin Kemp & Associates
Bob Patrick – Marketing Manager