A power and control infrastructure providing protection to personnel, the generator, and the grid when running the stand-by generator in parallel with the grid.
Multiple Smart Microgrid systems can function as single system using patented technique for sensing the health of adjacent Smart Microgrid systems.
Multiple energy storage options for a variety of renewable energy sources.
Improved Return on Investment
Reduced installation costs for renewable energy sources;
Peak shaving of local loads to reduce the power bill during periods when energy rates are high; and
An alternate revenue stream through utilization of power generation, on call peak shaving, kVAR production to the grid.
AKA‘s Smart Microgrid is a distributed resources and electricity supply system solution that can be easily added to an existing installation.
AKA‘s Smart Microgrid provides back up power generation, grid support and energy storage options to suite an installation’s needs. The Smart Microgrid has both long term energy storage and short term energy storage that provides better performance with a reduced footprint and longer life expectancy. Its short term energy storage provides a fast response to changes in loads, including a regenerative power function when excess power is available.
The Smart Microgrid system can also provide return on investment opportunities to the owner through reduced maintenance costs as well as other revenue benefits. Its seamless ride though of grid faults delivers consistent reliable clean AC power with built-in power conditioning assuring the installation’s process can run without interruption independent of grid conditions. AKA’s Smart Microgrid reduces the stress on the installation’s infrastructure; increasing the life cycle of the facilities equipment while reducing maintenance costs. Through utilization of power generation to the grid AKA‘s Smart Microgrid facilitates an alternate revenue stream for the asset owner.
AKA’s Smart Microgrid design is aimed at continual safe operation for the equipment, the maintainer, the connected power sources and the grid.
AKA’s Smart Microgrid provides economic benefits while improving the reliability and performance of an installation’s processes.
Other features include:
- Lithium polymer battery for compact design and long life span;
- Ultra-capacitors for quick response to load changes;
- A non-spinning reserve back-up power source with bumpless transition to island mode of operation;
- Autonomous peak shaving in response to loss of generation capacity or a rapid and unpredicted rise or fall in kW or kVAR loads;
- Bridging of peak loading while alternative power sources are started; and
- Offsetting variability issues associated with renewable energy sources.
- Temporarily bridging local peak demands that are in excess of the grid connection capacity;
- Facilitating utility access to energy storage to ride through peaks that exceed the rotating reserve of the connected generating capacity – can act as part of a distributed peaker plant; and
- Seamless ride through of the local network in the event of a total loss of the grid preventing risk and losses due to interruption in process.
Aspin Kemp & Associates
We can do it!